Book Online Now!
The aim of this Overhead Gantry Crane Instructor course is to provide learners with the knowledge, skills and attitude to train other in the safe operation of Overhead Gantry Cranes.
At the end of this Overhead Gantry Crane Instructor Course learners will be able to:
- Explain the legislation related to the use of Overhead Gantry Cranes and Overhead Gantry Cranes
- List the different categories of Overhead Gantry Crane and explain their features
- Identify the hazards associated with the use of Overhead Gantry Cranes
- Outline the Refuelling and Maintenance Procedures of Overhead Gantry Cranes
- Outline the Roles & Responsibilities of the operator of Overhead Gantry Cranes
- List the inspection criteria for Overhead Gantry Cranes and Overhead Gantry Cranes
- Perform pre and post Inspections on Overhead Gantry Cranes and Overhead Gantry Cranes
- Operate Overhead Gantry Cranes
- Perform basic rigging
- Select correct hitches and appliances
- Deliver an Overhead Gantry Cranes Course
- Health & Safety Legislation related to Overhead Gantry Cranes
- Roles & Responsibilities of the operator of Overhead Gantry Cranes
- Categories of Overhead Gantry Cranes
- Overhead Gantry Cranes Risk Assessment
- Safe use of Overhead Gantry Cranes
- Overhead Gantry Cranes Risk Assessment Risk Assessment
- Overhead Gantry Cranes operation
- Pre & Post Inspections of Overhead Gantry Cranes
- Maintenance of Overhead Gantry Cranes
- Assessments of operators on the use of Overhead Gantry Cranes
- Health & Safety Legislation related toOverhead Gantry Cranes
- Roles & Responsibilities of the operator of lifting equipment
- Mandatory inspections of lifting equipment
- Determining the centre of gravity of the load
- Basic rigging practices
- Tension developed by sling angles
- Hitch selection and appliances
- Effect of sling angles on rigging and hardware
In successful completion of this course learners will receive a Qualtec Overhead Gantry Cranes Instructor Certificate.
Learners should have a good command of English both verbal and written.
Experience. We are have trained over 1,000 learners over the last 15 years. We were one of the first companies to be approved to deliver this course.
Satisfaction. We get great feedback on this course. Check out the testimonials below. People come away feeling competent to deliver it. We provide a money back guarantee! If you are not satisfied after the first day we will refund the course fee!!!
Price. We are competitively priced. There may be cheaper out there. However we offer value for money.
Competence. All of our trainers are fully qualified to deliver this course.
Resources. On completion of this course learners will be registered on our elearning centre. In this they will have access to our PowerPoint presentation, guides, videos and skills assemment sheets
Progression. On completion of this QQI Level 6 Manual Handling Instructor course learners can progress onto the QQI Level 6 Patient Handling Instructor Course, PHECC FAR Instructor Course, PHECC CFR Instructor Course, Abrasive Wheels Instructor Course, Fire Safety and Fire Marshall Instructor Course, DSE/VDU Asssesor Course and the QQI Level 6 Training Delivery & Evaluation Course.
Location. Onsite or Tallaght, Co.Dublin, Ireland