Book Online Now!
Patient Manual Handling Course aim:
The aim of this Patient Manual Handling Course is to provide learners with the knowledge, skill and attitude to perform Patient Manual Handling tasks safety.
This is to ensure that the organisation is compliance with the HSA’s requirements.
Patient Manual Handling Course learning outcomes:
On completion of this Patient Manual Handling Course you will be able to:
- List the duty of the employers and employees in relation to patient manual handling
- Explain the purpose composition and characteristics of the main parts of the spinal column and explain their relevance to patient manual handling
- Identify hazards associated with patient manual handling tasks
- List the equipment available to avoid or reduce the risks associated with patient manual handling tasks
- Explain the importance of good nutrition fitness to manual handling
- Perform patient manual handing tasks in accordance with the principles of safe manual handling.
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment
- Mechanical Equipment
- Fitness & Flexibility
- Principles of safe Manual Handling
- Patient Manual Handling moves: Sitting up, turning, standing, walking and sitting
- Dealing with a falling and fallen patient
- Use of hoist
- Use of enablers such as banana boards & turntables
This Patient Manual Handling course is delivered over two hours.
On successful completion of this Patient Manual Handling Course learners will receive a Patient Manual Handling certificate from Qualtec.
This Patient Manual Handling course will be delivered through elearning followed by a classroom session in the Glenroyal Hotel, Maynooth. It can also be delivered at your premises for groups. Students firstly complete our Manual Handling Online Course.
Patient Manual Handling Course cost:
The cost of this Patient Manual Handling course is 80 euro or 500 euro for a session for up to 12 persons.
Competence: Qualtec are a QQI Quality Assured Training Provider. All our trainers are have completed the QQ Level 6 Patient Handling Instructor Course and the QQI Level 6 Manual Handling Instructor Course.
Sean’s delivery was excellent. Ann Rooney.
Great instructor! Sorcha Fitzpatrick.
Great, many achievements! Sr. Stella Milia.
Very informative, great instructor. Not boring.
Thank you very much. We had so much fun today. We learnt alot. Eduardo Duldulad.
Thanks Sean. You were great! Roisin Healy.
Sean was a brilliant instructor and I really enjoyed the course. I learned alot in such a short space of time. Lucy Duff.