Book Online Now!
Train the Trainer Course Aim:
The aim of this Train the Trainer course (Training Delivery and Evaluation) is to provide learners with the knowledge, skills and attitude to prepare for, deliver and evaluate training.
Train the Trainer Learning Outcomes
On completion of this Train the Trainer course (Training Delivery and Evaluation) you will be able to:
- Outline the theories underlying the delivery and evaluation of training interventions
- Explore the elements which impact on the effectiveness of a training session
- Demonstrate an awareness of a range of issues to include equality, diversity and disability
- Deliver appropriate training content and materials using a range of training aids
- Formulate appropriate evaluation tools, techniques and approaches for a training session
- Provide constructive feedback to participants in relation to training intervention
- Apply a comprehensive range of specialised training delivery and evaluation skills
- Devise a training evaluation process
- Select from a range of evaluation tools, techniques and approaches for a training session
- Report on a training evaluation to include the identification of areas for improvement
Train the Trainer Course Content
- Theories of Training and Adult Learning
- Group Formation & Dynamics
- Roles & Responsibilities of the Trainer
- Teaching Methods and Aids
- Session Preparation & Delivery
- Theories of Evaluation
- Development of Evaluation Tools
- Constructive feedback
- Session Review and Improvement
Course Duration: 5 days
To ensure the greatest opportunity for successful participation in our programmes, learners are required to have a good command of English in terms of reading, writing and speaking.
This standard of proficiency is indicated by achieving or exceeding the standard of CEFR B2+ Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). Learners who have achieved a passing grade at Junior Certificate level will be deemed to meet this criterion. However, learners for whom English is not their first language, are required to advise Qualtec, and may be required to provide evidence of proficiency. This could include completing a standardised CEFR test or equivalent.
Learners should have basic IT skills. They will need to be able email, word process (Word) and use Presentation software (Powerpoint) and Zoom. They must have good broadband access and their own laptop/ tablet with microphone and speakers. The course should be completed in a quite location. This can be tested prior to the course commencement.
Course Assignments & Time Commitment
Learners will need to complete a number of assignments.
At the end of the course you will be expected to do a presentation using PowerPoint.
Following your course you will be required to carry out a 1500-word reflective journal – you will have 7 days after the course to carry this out.
Allow 4 hours to complete and due on final day.
Lesson Plan for allocated topic (template provided). Allow I hour for completion and due on the final day of the course.
Preparation of topic for 15 minute presentation. Allow 2 hours for this preparation. Delivered on the final day of the course.
Training Delivery Approach and Location
This course is delivered through Zoom. Learners must be present online for the fully duration. They are expected to actively engage in the course through completion of polls and responding to questions
Course Certification: On successful completion of this course you will receive a QQI Level 6 Training Delivery & Evaluation certificate
Course progression: On completion of this Train the Trainer course learners can progress on to competing other Instructor courses such as our QQI Level 6 Manual Handling Instructor course, QQI Level 6 Patient Handling Instructor course, Abrasive Wheels Instructor course, Fire Safety & Marshall Instructor course, PHECC FAR Instructor course, PHECC CFR Instructor course or Working at Heights Instructor course.
“This Train the Trainer course really broadens your views, skills and in particular evaluation skills.” Alexander Kevin Loughney
“Great Train the Trainer course. As before, I found Sean excellent. Will use Qualtec again.” Paul Bradley
“The trainer was very open to every students experience and opinion.” Donal MacCarthaigh, Albany Training
“Brilliant Train the Trainer course to take, excellent presentation.” Michael O’Brien, Flexibus