Book Online Now!
Mental Health First Aid Course Aim:
This Mental Health First Aid Course will equip learners with knowledge and awareness on a range of mental health illnesses enabling the recognition of common signs and symptoms either during a mental health crisis or during the development of a mental health illness. This Mental Health First Aid Course is not intended to replace the input of a medically trained professional, but to highlight awareness of mental health issues and conditions within the workplace. Following attendance, employees will be able to identify the signs of mental health issues and implement appropriate and timely interventions to support colleagues experiencing distress.
Who Should Attend
This Mental Health First Aid Course is ideal for anyone who leads a team or anyone with an interest in supporting others who are displaying mental health issues and gives attendees the necessary skills and knowledge to assist people who are experiencing distress due to mental health conditions.
Mental Health First Aid Learning Outcomes
- Introduction to mental health
- Learn to recognise the signs and symptoms associated with anxiety and depression
- Learn how to develop empathic listening skills
- Tools to challenging stigma
- Improve productivity within the workplace
- Decrease absenteeism
- Improved performance from individuals and teams
Mental Health First Aid Course Outline
- Know what mental health is and why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a Mental Health First Aider
- Know how to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a mental health condition
- Know how to recognise and manage stress
- Know how to recognise and identify range mental conditions
- Understanding the impact of substance abuse on mental health
- Understand the first aid action plan for mental health and be able to put it in place
- Know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace
Certification & Assessment
Learners who complete the Mental Health First Aid Course will receive a Qualtec Mental Health First Aid Certificate.