Book Online Now!
QQI Level 5 Care Support Course aim:
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to care for clients in a safe and hygienic environment.
QQI Level 5 Care Support Course location:
This course is delivered through Zoom.
QQI Level 5 Care Support Course learning outcomes:
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Identify relevant groups of people in need of healthcare
- Examine the physical, emotional, social, psychological and spiritual needs of a range of groups of people, taking into account individual variation
- Identify the hygiene needs of dependent clients
- Discuss the prevention of pressure sores
- Demonstrate knowledge of the correct procedures for the cleaning and replacement of a range of patient equipment
- Adapt levels of assistance to the needs of particular clients
- Demonstrate a range of interpersonal skills when dealing with clients to include empathy, respect,patience and effective communication skills
- Exercise initiative to improve client involvement insocial events, outings and occupational therapy and physiotherapy
- Contribute to the maintenance of safe and hygienic environments for clients to include the safe disposal of soiled linen
- Assist clients with dressing, grooming, eating,drinking, toileting, continence promotion, mobility and where appropriate, social needs
- Apply client safety and security procedures to includeappropriate on site client care procedures forwashing, bathing, showering, positioning, moving and handling
- Give assistance that enhances the privacy, dignity,independence and positive self image of clients incare
- Give assistance to clients in the use of a range of care equipment to include sensory equipment, aids to encourage independence and mechanical aids including mobility aids, feeding aids, washing aids, elimination aids and hoists
- Report changes in the client’s condition to the relevant Supervisor
- Complete client documentation where appropriate.
- QQI Level 5 Care Support Course entry requirements
To ensure the greatest opportunity for successful participation in our programmes, learners are required to have a good command of English in terms of reading, writing and speaking.
This standard of proficiency is indicated by achieving or exceeding the standard of CEFR B2+ Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). Learners who have achieved a passing grade in English at Junior Certificate level will be deemed to meet this criterion. However, learners for whom English is not their first language, are required to advise Qualtec, and may be required to provide evidence of proficiency. This could include completing a standardised CEFR test or equivalent.
Learners should have basic IT skills. They will need to be able email, word process (Word) and use Presentation software (Powerpoint) and Zoom. They must have good broadband access and their own laptop/ tablet with microphone and speakers. (at least 10 Mbps download speed). This can be tested in advance of the course will arranging a practice log in by sending an email to [email protected] or using this online tool https://www.highspeedinternet.com/tools/speed-test.
The course should be completed in a quite location. This can be tested prior to the course commencement.
QQI Level 5 Care Support Course Assignments & Time Commitment
Learners will need to complete a number of assignments.
Physical Activity: The learner must plan a physical activity like an outing or social event with a client.
Evidence should include a description of:
- how the activity was planned, including consultation and/or decision making by the client(s)
- the resources used
- use of teamwork and/or other personnel involved
- verbal and non-verbal communication that took place
- an evaluation of the impact of the activity for the client(s).
A learner record is the learner’s self-reported and self-reflective record in which he/she describes specific learning experiences, activities, responses and skills acquired. A personal learner record will be compiled by candidates. It will include a selection of evidence arising from candidates’ work and interaction with others in healthQQI Level 5 Care Support
Training Delivery Approach and Location
This course is delivered through blended learning and be assessed through Zoom. Learners must be present online for the fully duration. They are expected to actively engage in the course through completion of polls and responding to questions.
If learners have any academic IT issues they can contact the trainer by email or [email protected] from 9.00 until 5 Monday to Friday. They can also contact outside these hours in the cause of urgent issues.
In successful completion of this course learners will receive a QQI Level 5 QQI Level 5 Care Support Certificate.
Experience. We are delivering this course for the last 15 years and have trained over 1,000 learners.
Satisfaction. We get great feedback on this course.
Price. We are competitively priced. There may be cheaper out there. However we offer value for money.
Competence. All of our trainers are fully qualified to deliver this course.
Resources. On completion of this course learners will be registered on our elearning centre. In this they will have access to our PowerPoint presentation, guides, videos and useful links.
As a trainer of trainer for 25 years Sean Kelleher is happy to provide guidance to learners on how learners can progress. He has also completed a Professional Diploma in Positive Health so is qualified to provide personal advice in the area of Positive Health & Wellbeing.
On completion of this course learners can progress onto the full QQI Level 5 Healthcare Support Award. They can also progress onto the QQI Level 6 Patient Handling Instructor Course, PHECC FAR Instructor Course, PHECC CFR Instructor Course, Abrasive Wheels Instructor Course, Fire Safety and Fire Marshall Instructor Course, DSE/VDU Asssesor Course and the QQI Level 6 Training Delivery & Evaluation Course.