Book Online Now!
The aim of this Patient Handling Training Course is to provide learners with the knowledge, skill and attitude to perform Patient Handling tasks safety.
This is to ensure that the organisation is compliance with the HSA’s requirements.
Course learning outcomes:
On completion of this Patient Handling Training Course you will be able to:
- List the duty of the employers and employees in relation to manual handling
- Explain the purpose composition and characteristics of the main parts of the spinal column and explain their relevance to manual handling
- Identify hazards associated with manual handling tasks
- List the equipment available to avoid or reduce the risks associated with manual handling tasks
- Explain the importance of good nutrition fitness to manual handling
- Perform manual handing tasks in accordance with the principles of safe manual handling.
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment
- Mechanical Equipment
- Fitness & Flexibility
- Principles of safe Manual Handling
- Patient Handling moves: Sitting up, turning, standing, walking and sitting
- Dealing with a falling and fallen patient
- Use of hoist
- Use of enablers such as banana boards & turntables
Patient Handling Training Course Duration:
This Patient Handling course is delivered over one day.
Patient Handling Training Course Certification:
On successful completion of this Patient Handling Course learners will receive a Manual Handling certificate from Qualtec.
Patient Handling Training Course Location:
This Patient Handling course will be delivered at your premises.
Patient Handling Training Course cost:
The cost of this Patient Handling course is 500 euro for a session for up to 12 persons.
Sean’s delivery was excellent. Ann Rooney. CFE Dundrum
Great instructor! Sorcha Fitzpatrick. CFE Dundrum
Great, many achievements! Sr. Stella Milia. CFE Dundrum
Very informative, great instructor. Not boring. CFE Dundrum
Thank you very much. We had so much fun today. We learnt alot. Eduardo Duldulad. CFE Dundrum
Thanks Sean. You were great! Roisin Healy. CFE Dundrum
Sean was a billiant instructor and I really enjoyed the course. I learned alot in such a short space of time. Lucy Duff. CFE Dundrum