Book Online Now!
PHECC First Aid Instructor Course
First Aid Instructor Course aim:
The aim of this First Aid Instructor course is to provide you with the knowledge, skills and attitude to train others to be First Aid Responders.
First Aid Instructor Course Objectives:
At the end of this FAR Instructor course you will be able to:
- Demonstrate competence with the prepared clinical course content, critiqued by the course director
- Demonstrate competence in the use of the teaching and the audio-visual material provided and technical skills in the use of the product.
- Demonstrate presentation skills using the specific course product
- Apply the Conditions and Principles of Adult learning
- Demonstrate appropriate class management skills adopting adult learning techniques.
- Demonstrate appropriate assessment skills using the PHECC material and processes.
- Demonstrate good verbal and non-verbal communication skills to effectively articulate the required information in an engaging and stimulating way.
- Demonstrate a mature level of interpersonal skills to develop a good faculty/student/instructor rapport.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, empathy and commitment when presenting the material.
- Demonstrate effective time management skills to ensure delivery of the entire learning package within course time constraints.
- Demonstrate appropriate health, safety and welfare throughout the course and risk assessments for scenario work.
- Ensure currency with all PHECC documentation, standards and examination processes.
- Demonstrate assessment and evaluation in accordance with the course specific requirements of PHECC.
- Design a FAR Course
First Aid Instructor Course Content:
- Psychology of training
- Principles of Adult learning, Role of the Trainer, K, S & A of a Trainer
- Adult learning styles
- Class management & Challenging learners
- Lesson Planning
- Teaching Media & Methods
- Fear, Confidence
- Communication skills
- Building Rapport with learners
- Preparing for a course, Housekeeping, H&S
- FAR Course & Protocol
- Assessment & certification of learners
- FAR Documentation & Records
First Aid Instructor Course Certification:
Great group interaction on the FAR Instructor Course. Nicola McEvoy
Excellent (FAR Instructor) Course! Gary Wyse
Very good (FAR Instructor) Course. Jamie Bollard
All together excellent (FAR Instructor) Course. Margaret Dineen
Good practical (FAR Instructor) couse with good mixture of theory and practise. Paul Horsburgh
Super (FAR Instructor) Course. Caitlin Steel. ITW Sport
Great (FAR Instructor)Course. Very enjoyable and informative. Padraic Nee. Aer Arran
Excellent and dedicated instructor. Sharon Murphy
Overall a great (FAR Instructor) Course which gave me the knowledge and skills t present a FAR course with confidence.
The (FAR Instructor) course was concise and too the point. Eugene Nolan
Everything well covered. Michael Kavanagh