Book Online Now!
The aim of this Handheld Knapsack Spraying course is to provide learners with the knowledge, skills and attitude to be able to apply pesticide correctly and safely using a knapsack sprayer.
Handheld Knapsack Spraying Course content:
- Why use pesticides?
- Different pest control methods
- Selection of suitable pesticides
- Safe handling, storage, application and disposal of pesticides
- Legislation that applies to pesticides
- Equipment and components of a boom sprayer
- Health & Safety information: Labels, markings and Safety Data Sheets
- Preparation and calibration of a knapsack sprayer
- Mixing sprays
- Storing sprays, PPE & equipment
- Applying sprays
This Knapsack Spraying course can lead to a level 5 qualification in Horticulture (5M2586)
This course will be delivered over 2 days plus assessment
On completion of this course learners will receive a QQI Level 5 certificate in Hand Held Pesticide Application